Monday, July 09, 2007

Our Trip to Springfield

We had a great time last week, visiting family & friends in Springfield! Grandpa & Will playing in their backyard.
We arrived a week ago Sunday and saw The Muni's production of "Peter Pan". It's community theater but the stage is outdoors, down by the lake. It's beautiful! The show was a little long for Natalie- 3 acts with a 20 minute, then a 15 minute intermission between them all. Being outside, it doesn't start until about 8:30 p.m. so it was a late night.

Monday evening Grandma & Grandpa watched the kids and Bill & I went shopping, had dinner and saw the movie "The Evening".

Tuesday we just hung out with the family.


Wednesday Bill took an early flight to Kansas City for the NACC and we played and grilled out before going to watch fireworks.

Thursday we picked up Bill at the St. Louis airport and played in St. Louis (went to The Magic House) before meeting the grandparents for dinner at Fin Inn in Grafton, IL.


The kids LOVED the Magic House.
Will playing in the infant area.
Natalie LOVED playing restaurant!
In the Louis & Clark exploration area.
It's tradition. Bill & I both did it as kids. We'll have to go back and get Will on it too someday.


We took 2 car ferries- one to cross the Mississippi River & one to cross the Missouri River. Natalie thought that was really fun!


Fin Inn is so fun- total river town- but the restaurant is one giant aquarium. I remember coming here as a kid with my parents and my dad having turtle soup. I thought it was so gross that we were watching all these fish & giant turtles while we were eating fish & turtles.



Friday we met up with my best friends from high school. I love that I can be with these women and it's like time hasn't passed. We just pick up where we left off and they love me just as much as they did 20 years ago. Can you believe it was 20 years ago since I was in junior high?! Julie I've know since I was really little, maybe 5 or 6, when our brothers started playing baseball together in little league.


Saturday we went to Springfield's version of "The Taste". Didn't care for having to pay to get into the event and then also buy food but it was good for where they are at. I believe in you Springfield. You can grow! (Oh, and Bill & his dad went to see Transformers that afternoon. I opted to watch the kids.)


Church on Sunday at Cherry Hills Baptist. I really like their new building. They are growing and I'm sure changing but it still felt like home to me.

2 comments:

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

What a fun trip! We probably haven't been quite as adventuresome with 4 kids, but as they get older I can hardly wait for these types of adventures. You guys sound like such a fun family. I think we would get along great!

Anonymous said...

The kids are so cute!!!! Well, thats just too obvious....

I can't believe Natalie will be 4 and Will will (ha ha) be 1!!! Whered my time go with your "little" kids?!?!?